A couple weeks ago at On Orange, one of our favorite brunch spots in Lancaster, there was a special on the menu that caught my attention, but I had to have my “usual,” the Indian omelette. So, I bought the ingredients and whipped up this frittata inspired by that special and the results were as expected…delish!
This unusual flavor combo works well for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner. And we can’t wait to continue making it through fall and winter.
Roasted Beet & Arugula Frittata with Gorgonzola
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 beets, peeled and cubed
2 cups arugula
1/2 cup Gorgonzola (blue cheese or feta would also work well)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread beets on a baking sheet, toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 20-25 min.
2. Heat a medium stainless steel or oven proof skillet. Sauté arugula with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, seasoning with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile work eggs in a bowl. Add to hot skillet over top of arugula. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. When egg is set and just jiggly on top, add crumbled Gorgonzola and roasted beets. Place into a 350 degree oven to finish. Frittata will be done when the egg is not jiggling and the cheese has melted.
5. Slice into pie shaped pieces (using a pizza slicer works well) and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers and reheat in the microwave for a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner during the week!